Lake Elmo MN Homes for Sale

A small Washington County community located on the east side of the Twin Cities Metropolitan area, Lake Elmo is a growing city that has a lot of potential for anybody looking for a new place to live. Located almost directly in the center of Lake Elmo’s boundaries is the scenic Lake Elmo Park Reserve, which is 2,165 acres of protected park space that features all sorts of outdoor recreation that you can be sure most locals love having in their own backyard so-to-speak. In fact, 80 percent of it’s 3.5 total square miles is completely set aside for protection and preservation, while the remaining 20 percent features a campground, picnic and play areas, paved biking trails, equestrian trails, and so much more. A number of small ponds, lakes and, creeks are also a part of the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, which is where you’ll find some of the best fishing in town. In addition, Lake Elmo is also home to three of the area’s top golfing attractions as well, including the Oak Marsh Golf Course, the Cimarron Golf Course, and Country Air Golf Park, and the Washington County Fairgrounds are also just outside the city’s boundaries off Stillwater Boulevard.

83 Properties Found. Showing 1-12
Sort By:

Lake Elmo Real Estate at a Glance

The Lake Elmo community first began with only one farm back in 1852 and initially took its name from nearby Lake Elmo. Today, much of the area still remains open farmland but with urban sprawl rapidly reaching this particular part of Washington County, residential development in town is certainly on the rise. In all, Lake Elmo encompasses right around 24.36 square miles, so plenty of home building opportunities are available in town should you be looking for brand new construction.

Of the existing homes you’ll already find in Lake Elmo, though, most are actually rather large in stature and generally quite impressive, which shouldn’t be of much of a surprise given median home values here are typically higher than the county’s overall median value. A few condo and townhouse complexes are part of the Lake Elmo real estate landscape, although buyers will mostly just find single-family homes on the market. In all, over 30 neighborhood and subdivisions are found in town, all with something unique to offer. So if you’re not somebody who specifically wants a farm or tons of open land but still wants to enjoy the ambiance of classic small town America, Lake Elmo should be a nice fit while also satisfying all your needs and wants in a new place to live.